December 24, 2010

A HUGE thank you to Jeff, Dave, and Ryan at Trek Bicycles of Raleigh for this early Christmas gift. I really cannot express how much I appreciate it.

Swapped to a temp longer stem just so I could go for a ride/race with J. :) I STILL can't beat him.

Hope to get sine quality time on it this weekend. Very quick first impressions:

The 2x10 drivetrain is so unbelievably sweet. Gear changes are instant, especially up front. I mean, they feel 3x faster then the X0 3x9 of last year.

X0 brakes are amazing. Feel more positive than the Elixer's of last year. Of course break to come.

Didn't ride it long. All next week off, and I can't WAIT!!

Hope to have it more setup (tubeless, diff tires, I9s, etc) by next week.















Integrated chain stay protector is a nice touch. Same as the carbon armor on the down tube. All the RXL lettering is blacked out - wheels, seatpost, stem, etc. The saddle looks like it might be a winner to. Similar to my Evolve road saddle I love.

It still always makes me so excited to get a bike. Nothing - NOTHING - better.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone