October 14, 2010

Ride Hours: 01:50

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 48.93 units
Meal: 19.05u
Corr: 4.20u
Basal: 25.68u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 234g

Man, it has been a really rough 2 weeks.  Not going to lie to you... rough.  Not on the bike, diabetes care, or with the family.  That stuff seems to be ok - as ok as possible given the rest of it.  Just everything else outside of it in general.

Work has been particularly un-enjoyable. I am VERY thankful to be employed, don't get me wrong.  However, it is has been really drab lately. 

I think it is probably a bunch of things affecting my mood and attitude.  Days are getting shorter, weather is cooler, somethings are HECTIC, and yet others are at a standstill. The important things are at a standstill. 

I'm struggling.  A lot.

Just gotta keep on plugging along.  The winds are going to change sometime.  Soon.  I hope.  Please.

Was able to get out on the 2009 Superfly Single Speed tonight for a ride with some folks fairly new to trail riding.  It was SO much fun to leave the training plan at home, and just watch and listen to these riders experience something new.  When I got done I remember thinking to myself that I hadn't had that much fun on bike in a long time.  A long time.

The irony wasn't lost on me either, that this was probably my last ride on my FAVORITE bike.  So it should have been exactly like it was, not a race or a training ride, or anything like that.  I damaged the carbon not to long ago, and it is time to hang this frame up.  Not getting rid of it.. oh no.  Just leaving it dirty and placing in on the wall.  TPG was able to find this bike for me, and the story behind it was really lead to us becoming close friends.  So this frame will be with me probably for the rest of my life.  Just can't let it go.

It's replacement is cool, and I need to give huge props and a hug to Dave at Trek of Raleigh for all the hard work in aquiring it.  I just love those guys.








Have to make some repairs to the components on the current bike before I can get this one built.  Some broken spokes and stripped crank bolts (if I remember right). So hopefully sometime next week I can roll on it.

One of my favorite people in the world (heck one of everyone's favorite) Jacey is getting married this Saturday.

Congratulations Jacey and Aaron!! I hope you have a wonderful day, and life time of joy and happiness!!