October 21, 2010

Ride Hours: 02:03

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 56.40 units
Meal: 19.25u
Corr: 11.10u
Basal: 24.05u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 244g

An unusually high about of insulin delivered today, as I had an issue in the morning with a messed up infusion site.  Oh well...

Work was pretty crazy today, and I bummed (annoyed) that I couldn't run some much needed errands at lunch today due to an "emergency".  Again, oh well...

As the work day came to a close, at 16:15 I set a temp basal rate of a 60% reduction in preparation for a 17:15 mtb ride.  Even though I have developed a pretty bad cold (of course) I was looking forward to getting out on a picture perfect moonlight night.  I was riding taking some people who had never been in single track before out on the Chapel Hill North trail system for a bit.  It's always a joy to introduce people to trail riding.  One of them is also a Type 1 diabetic, so that in of its self is pretty cool.


We had a good time, and I think the 3 new riders are looking forward to it again next week.  Although we will be running out of daylight pretty quick by then.

As I was headed back to the car, I adjusted my basal rate back to normal.  I noticed when I got back to the car that due to my head being stuffed up and my sore throat I hadn't eaten a thing.  Water bottles were generally untouched as well.  Dummy.  I just didn't feel like eating/drinking anything, and our pace was very, very slow.  How bad could it have been?

At 19:22 I tested at a 68.  Well what did I expect.  No post ride bolus this time, as I figured it would about balance out.  It did.  :)

I wanted to mention that I will be traveling over the next couple of days, and will be in some pretty remote areas most of the time.  I will not have the technology available to update the blog, post real time BGs via Twitter, or interact on Facebook.  I will be back early next week.

Were am I a going?  Um..... I'm not going to say... but my wife surprised me with an amazing opportunity.  I will be STOKED to share it when I get back.

That reminds me... I need to insert a new Navigator sensor.  :)

Next week is going to be wild for me!  The schedule is packed, with Halloween, a work travel day, an few meetings to discuss some up coming projects, and it looks like the 12 Hour field study will (finally) happen next Saturday.  Yee Haw!!  ;)  Hopefully my cold is gone.  Plus, I need to get the new Superfly SS built.  No problem.

Have a great weekend everyone!!