October 2, 2010

Ride Hours: 02:33

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 39.77 units
Meal: 15.05u
Corr: 1.55u
Basal: 23.17u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 165g

Since I am scheduled to race the Chapel Hill Adventure MTB Race tomorrow, I figured I would go out on this nice, weather perfect day and spin the legs out on the Seven.  Maybe check out some of the roads I am less familar with that I would need to ride on tomorrow.   Just a light day.

Needed to fight through the circus which is UNC game day traffic as I traveled through Chapel Hill proper.  Luckily I was about 40 past kick off when I rode through campus.  You never know what you are going to see on game day....



Well after making some wrong turns, and heading in the wrong direction, I ended up covering 15 miles too far in 60+ too many minutes.  :)

It was a FANTASTIC day in the saddle though. 

I set my basal rate down to a 60% reduction at 12:10, and I was on the road bike and headed out by 13:20.  I stayed on my scheduled 30g Cs per hour including Nuun fortified water (mixed with the secret Malto ingredient), and my BG was perfect during the ride.  I was back at the car at 16:18 with a BG of 107.  It doesn't get much better than that.

We are VERY lucky to live where we do, and we have some of the most scenic back country roads located a few minutes from UNC.  It was a wonderful experience to be out pedaling amongst it, and taking it all in.


Looking forward to tomorrow.  Should be fun.