April 25, 2012

Training Hours: Ride: 01:33 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 50.30units
Bolus: (47%) 23.40u
Basal: (53%) 26.90u

After a hectic day, including 336 emails and an office move, I was able to get out after work for a ride on the Superfly.  I just needed a day to go ride and enjoy the perfect temps and blue Carolina sky.

No heart rate monitor.  No loaded pack.  No cycling kit.

So I set a normal temp basal ride rate of a 65% reduction a little late in terms of ride start time, only about 30 minutes before, but the ride was going to be an easy spin.  So no worries.

BG was a 75 as I slid out the door of my apartment.  As I walked down the stairs I took in a quick 25g of simple Cs.

The ride was great and very refreshing.  Shook the dust of the day off.  Refreshed the soul and mind.

Chatted with others on the American Tobacco Trail who where out doing the same as I.

Playing with their toys.  :)




About an hour into the ride I cancelled my temp basal rate.  30 minutes later I was pulling up to check my mail.

BG was a 65 when I dismounted.  Not ideal, but understandable given the late temp basal start and no carbs in at all during the ride.

Perfect for making great post ride meal for dinner.  :)