February 28, 2012

Just an unbelievable ride into work today! The sky was a perfect Carolina Blue from the moment the sun peeked up from the horizon.

I rolled virtually alone on the American Tobacco Trail into downtown Durham, very surprised there weren't more folks out.

As I took my usual route past the Durham Bulls Athletic Park this morning, I saw a handful of ballplayers carrying suits on hangers, large sport bags, and misc. baseball gear heading into the stadium.  It was an unusual perspective of seeing the opening of spring training for these guys.  I could hear them asking about each other's families and girlfriends, how the holidays where.... normal stuff.



As I got closer to work, I realized the immense contrast between commuting by car and bike.  As I road the green ways through town I could hear the distance sounds of horns, brakes, and acceleration mix with the hum my Ion tires make on the pavement.

If everyone knew how GREAT bike commuting truly is, no one would bother to drive a car.

FACT.



BG was at 169 when I got into the office.  I bumped the site really hard on a door on the way into the building, and it will probably need a change.  I am going to give it a little bit, but I don't think it is going to be very efficient anymore.  :)

Have a great day everyone!!!  Keep Choppin!!

- Posted using BlogPress using my iPad from somewhere in the universe