February 25, 2012

I have been working hard on bringing my A1C back down from it's 6.4 in January, to it's more normal 5.8 range where is has been the past couple of years.  Although I know that the difference between the two medically are rather insignificant, it is more like a little personal challenge.  You know? :)

Heck, I've had Type 1 for 34 years.  I used to basically, "pee on a stick" and look at color charts in ranges of 25 or 50 mg/Dls (Diastix. Remember Diastix? Anyone? They STILL make and use them.  Oy.)

No really: http://www.diastix.com/

The times they have a changed.

The last two months, using the info on my OmniPod and PDM I am able to calculate that I am getting close to my personal A1C goal.  It takes a fair bit of analysis, and a bit of tweaking... but it's getting there.

As I was looking through the data, for fun, I dumped all the data in my PDM from August 1, 2011 until today.  Interesting to look at it from such a high and strategic level.

During that time I have done 1864 BG readings, which is right about 9 per day.

Here is what the "nuts and bolts" look like via the CoPilot w/ OmniPod Extension tool:


There are some highs, and some lows, but hey.  It is the 'betes ya know.  :)

Here are the 1864 finger sticks on a graph:


The good, the bad, and the ugly I suppose.  I must admit, I do dig that good tight pattern in the 100-150 range though.

Just putting it all out there.  Just as we ALL do. Everyday.

Keep Choppin' towards WHATEVER your A1C goal is.

Just Keep Choppin!