June 25, 2011

Hi.

Although I am not all the way home yet, I am happy to be back on American soil resting and recouperating.  Traveling is proving to be a little "uncomfortable", so I might just sit here for a few days. 

To be truthful, worse than the physical ailment is the mental trama. So many emotions to sort through.  Some postive.  Some negative.  Dealing with the very real near drowning in the river, and the fact I didn't accomplish my goal(s) after 2 years of planning, has left me reeling.


Thank you for all of the amazing and thoughtful well wishes, thoughts, prayers, posts, emails, tweets, and  messages. I could not believe how many of you took the time to write to me and tell me how much this experience affected you.   It will take me some time to respond to each message, but I very much want to respond to each of you personally.

I am completely humbled by the affection and the love, and they have GREATLY helped to move me to a better place in the healing process.

Thank you all so very much.

It will take me a while to find my bearings, and, afterwards, I will be able to "hopefully" explain how much all the preparations and the very abrupt end to the race affected me. I really want to share my experiences with you.......... I just can't right now, as I am still trying to come to grips with all of it myself.

Keep Choppin'.