April 24, 2011

Training Hours: Ride: 06:45 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 39.19 units
Meal: 9.25u
Corr: 9.00u
Basal: 20.94u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 112g

Today started at 9:00am with the arrival of the crew of Taproot Films to begin day one of the shooting of the documentary about Tour Divide.  These guys are fantastic and are bend on telling the story of a Type 1 diabetic attempting the longest mountain bike race in the world.  I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate their working on this project.  Thank you.


After we got some of the ride preparation captured, we headed over to the UNC Wellness Center so I could saddle up and get headed out.  I did set a temp basal rate of a 60% reduction at 10:00 (captured by Ish) and was on the bike right at 11:00.

We shot a LOT over the 8+hrs we were out, and I managed a quality 6.75hrs of training time on the new Superfly.



Taproot Films is looking to get the first teaser out in a short bit.  I can't wait, as this was a lot of fun.

On the way back to the car after 18:00 I set my basal rate back to normal.  BG was at 76 when I got back after 19:00, and I did a 3.75u post ride bolus to prevent the normal spike that occurs.  Burned 6180 calories while riding today.

When I finally got to bed I did set the customary 75% overnight post ride temp basal.

Thanks again Taproot Films!!