November 25, 2010

Ride Hours: 02:15

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 53.73 units
Meal: 14.10u
Corr: 11.20u
Basal: 28.43u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 183g

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Thinking of all the things I am thankful for today.

Wonderful health.  A loving family.  A ton of friends both near and far.

Today started with the family going to a family Turkey Trot event.



My five year old and I ran in it together.  We made numbers to run in, and posters for other family members in attendance to cheer with.  It was a GREAT time!  I can't wait to do this again next year. Definitely discovered a new family Thanksgiving tradition!!

Following the run, the 4 of us played in the park where it was held for another hour or so.  The light rain held off until we were just planning on heading out anyway.  Perfect!

After a quick lunch J and I went for a bike ride.  We spent 2.25hrs on the American Tobacco Trail, and some of the surrounding and attached single track trails.  Was one of those rides with my son that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.  He was SO AMPED riding on the single track together.  He was just amazing.  Made me laugh the rest of the day, and he asked me about 12 times if we could build single track in the back yard.  (Ask you mom).   :)

Did pretty well with easting and BG control today.  I did chase a high late (182) in the afternoon when I ate without bolusing (was 45 minutes late).  Also had a similar high later once we got home (188).  My guess is that the second high was caused by the sweet potatoes.  A split bolus, or temp basal would have helped to massage this out better.  All in all, not bad at all.

Felt decent for most of the day, but still feeling under the weather.  About 50%.  Sick of being sick. Fatigue is still the main issue, and by 9:00pm or so I was just wiped.  It is what it is. ;)