January 18, 2010

Ride Hours: 02:52

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 33.45
Meal: 10.00u
Corr: 0.00u
Basal: 23.45u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 168g

A holiday Monday on hand! Dr. King was amazing, and I hope everyone takes a little time today to think about the sacrifices he made and the courage he displayed in changing the social landscape.

The weather today is just perfect. Sunny and 64 by 11:00am. I took advantage to complete some MUCH needed bike maintenance in the morning. Mounted the last two tubeless Jones Mud X tires on the Paragon, and finished building the Race X Lite road wheel for use on the trainer. How's my schedule been? Took 4 weeks to mount 3 pairs of tubeless tires. :)

Afterwards I headed over to the UNC Wellness Center at 11:30 to get about and hour of solid strength training in. I did make sure to hit the legs just as hard as normal, even though I was heading out for a ride post weights.

In between squat sets I lowered my basal rate to a 65% reduction at 12:00. I wrapped up the weights at 12:35, and walked out into the sunlight to get on the road bike. (Yes, you read that right. It POURED yesterday, so...)

I road out of the WC parking lot at 13:00 sharp - right on time. Plan was to do a nice pace for 3 hours. lay down about 50 miles or so.

Ride was nice, although I was getting a little bored at the 2.25hr mark. Traffic was low (pretty non existent) actually so that was an added benefit.



Arrived back at the parking lot just before 16:00. 51 miles. Decent. Stayed with 20oz of Nuun/Water + 30gCs per hour.

When I hit the hay later on, I did set the normal post ride over night temp basal of 80% for 6 hours.

All is well... hopefully I will get another ride in tomorrow night before the rain comes in on Wed/Thurs.