January 15, 2010

I've been out of the loop this week, and it has been a rather difficult one for friends.

One the surface the week was a challenge to begin with given the weather being cold and wet, the excruciating heavy work load, and the nervousness over some events that are scheduled to happen during these 7 days.

The hardest stuff this week was reserved for my friend Travis, his wife, and his family. I have known Travis for over 2 years now. Not only is he a positively wonderful human being, friend, and husband, but he is also a staunch supporter of the Type1Rider mission. I will not go into details, but Travis found out he has an urgent and serious medical issue. He and his wife heard the news early in the week, and moved out west to be near his family by weeks end. Everyone who came in contact with Travis during his time here in NC is heartbroken, and is praying for his recovery.

I cannot take any ownership of this item, as I had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I wanted to post it just to show the BIG LOVE we all have for him. Major props to Marcee and Jim O'Brien for making these top caps happen:




We will be rocking them on all our bikes.



I want to publicly express my deep gratitude for everything you have done for me and the Type1Rider organization while you were in NC Travis. You have afforded me a chance to live a dream, and given me another platform to raise diabetes awareness from.

I just cannot begin to thank you enough.



We will miss seeing you guys in town, but look forward to seeing you in the mountains.

JUST KEEP CHOPPIN BRUTHA!!!