July 24, 2009

Daily Total: 43.44 Ride Hours: 02:01

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 17.55u
Corr: 1.15u
Basal: 24.74u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 279g

Vertical Distance: 413.00 yd
Max HR: 177 BPM
Avg HR: 148 BPM
Calories: 1,622 kCal

Out for a rip on the Superfly today. I have been struggling a ton lately as I have been just exhausted. When the alarm goes off in the morning, I just want to sleep the day away. I need to try and get this in order, because lack of sleep will derail me quicker than almost anything else.

During the ride, I managed to put a nice large dent in the side of my rear rim. The Bonty XdX 1.75 is still holding for no problem. Just got to remember when I am riding on my race hoops to be a little more attentive. :)

My oldest started riding last night on his pedal equipped bike with no training wheels. He just hops on the saddle, balances as he puts his feet on the pedals, and then rides away. It is SO CRAZY. 4 yr and 1 month old. And FAST. Pretty cool. Yes I am world's proudest dad. I am going to take him to a trail this weekend and see how he likes it.

Gotta find a place for the final 12 hour race in the Dirty Spokes series. Race is to be held in Unicoi, GA - not a ton of affordable options. :)

New points series leaders totals just released:

Tony Cervati 12 Hr Solo--Expert 13 34 37 84
Jeremy Edge 12 Hr Solo--Expert - 40 38 78
Erik Nielson 12 Hr Solo--Expert 18 39 - 57

This last race is a double points event, so I need to finish at max 2 positions away from Jeremy in order to top the podium. Unicoi is a climbers course, so it will be a HUGE challenge, but I will just rock the Superfly as hard as I can. Race isn't for another 60 days or so... time for some trips to the mountains to get some extra training in....