June 23, 2009

Daily Total: 42.10 Ride Hours: 02:09

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 13.75u
Corr: 3.50u
Basal: 24.85u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 210g

After going home and hanging with the boys for a while, I grabbed the Superfly and headed out for a spin on the perfect condition Chapel Hill North trail system.

Pump was set to a 55% reduction at 18:10. BG was a little low right around that same time, so I took a balance of fat and carbs. Hopefully enough to get through the ride.

I left the UNC Wellness Center at 19:15 and rolled towards the trail system. On the way I thought I would just ride around the beautiful town of Chapel Hill some before getting on the gas for the high tempo workout ahead.

I ran into Steve Lackey (owner of Endurance Magazine) on his road bike. I was able to ride with him for a bit. Steve is a great guy, and has his hand in what seems like every local endurance event. Tri's, 5Ks, 10Ks, you name it. One of the greatest things about Chapel Hill - you never know who who you will see just riding around. :)

Social time over, I switched to the big ring and turned up the gas. Left the bike in the big gear for the next 1:15. High tempo, and haulin through the single and double track.

Vertical Distance: 2200 ft.
Max HR: 184 BPM
Avg HR: 146 BPM
Calories: 1,513 kCal

Switch my pump back to its normal rate on the way back to the car at 21:00.

Man what a GREAT ride. You know, I say this all the time, but the Superfly is one amazing mountain bike. It does everything just perfect. When you are haulin the mail, the bike handles beyond description and climbs like MAD. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

Set my basal rate to the post ride bedtime rate. Nice day for sure.

On the down side, I am feeling very tired again. I need to get more rest. I can feel just how run down I am, and how much effort it takes to get rolling.