June 25, 2009

Daily Total: 39.48 Ride Hours: 01:23

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 12.40u
Corr: 1.95u
Basal: 25.13u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 185g

After a pretty crazy day, I was able to get out on the road bike for a spin after work. I set my temp basal rate to a 55% reduction at 17:00, and was on bike by 18:10. Thought I could get a solid 3hrs in before it got too dark, but it just didn't go as planned.

Although I stayed on a fairly normal fueling schedule, the BG went into the toilet during the first 45 minutes of the ride. I had ZERO effort left for the last 45 minutes. Just a big, huge, struggle to keep the bike moving.

I took the computer off the handlebar and stashed it in my jersey pocket so I won't need to look at it and get further discouraged. I knew I was low, but just couldn't bring it around in enough time to salvage the ride effort.

Heck I look terrible:


Vertical Distance: 200.00 m
Max HR: 170 BPM
Avg HR: 143 BPM
Calories: 937 kCal

Sure enough back to the car and I was <50. Yup. Set my basal rate back to normal and took in some simple carbs via a canned soda pop.

Weather looks good for the weekend, and I should be able to get some makeup hours in over the next couple of days....