May 22, 2009

Daily Total: TBD Ride Hours: 02:02

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: TBDu
Corr: TBDu
Basal: TBDu

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: xxg

Mid day post. So far the day has been GREAT! Had breakfast with K after we brought the boys to school together. Very fun!

Went for a 2 hour lite spin ride - yes Marcee... granny gear only. :) Chapel Hill looked especially awesome today. Must have been the 80 degree temp with the lite cool breeze.









Superfly feels perfect, and I feel pretty good too. BGs have run 75-120 all day. Can't ask for much more than that. Just need to avoid an overnight low which is pretty much the kiss of death before a race of this length.

More excited about the race as it gets nearer... just need to make sure I don't forget anything on the diabetes care list:

Multiple Infusion Sites (already inserted)
2 Backup monitors
2 syringes
Extra tubing and resovior
Insulin
Extra BG test strips

As usual after grocery shopping I am amazed at how unconsionsly aware I am of getting over a low BG....



Yeah... its ok to laugh. I do.

Got a message from Steve from Cycling Spoken Here about where their van is going to be. Awesome to know that you have a family there to go get setup with.

I am going to go pack the car, and double check the parts and bikes... then just chill until its time to leave in the morning.

Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts. I appreciate it, and it will help to keep me grinding through the single track at 2:30 in the morning.



Will post via the iPhone up to race time..... Burn baby Burn!!!!