May 22, 2009

Equipment and spares all packed and checked. Food and supplies already
in the car. Dual spare infusion sets inserted. I'm in bed and ready to
go.

BG is a tad low right now - 66 - but I'm not going to make a
correction. Plenty of carbs with dinner, and it should creek up over
night. Prob in the 200 range by wakeup? We'll see. Sometimes it's
just a role of the dice.

I have the world's best friends for sure. Can't tell you how much I
truly appreciate the txt msg Nance! Going to give it my best shot.
We'll see what happens, and if I get close to my goal.

24 hour solo events are tough. For me, they are both exciting and
nerve racking at the same time. A lot of pieces need to come together
to make it a successful day.

Either way, I will learn something about myself. It's a test every
time. I'm no pro mountain biker - just a guy with a complex and
destructive disease that I will not yield to.

24 hours of kicking Type 1 square in the face sounds wonderful to me.
A gift actually. Ha!

Typing this with my eyes closed. Gotta go.

Thanks Everyone!!

Tony Cervati
tony@type1rider.org
http://www.type1rider.org
"1every21"

Sent from my iPhone