November 5, 2008

Daily Total: 50.95 Ride Hours: 00:00

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 16.15u
Corr: 6.95u
Basal: 27.85u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 245g

It is finally official! What started with a dinner meeting in Washington DC several months ago, has grown into a strong relationship with a great company, with a dedicated staff, and extraordinary technologies!

Smiths Medical is very well know for their Cozmo Insulin Pump and Cozmore Insulin Technology System, including the Cleo 90 infusion set.



We will be adding their logo and links to the Type1Rider internet presence, and our newly designed 2009 race kit. I will help promote and demonstrate the features of the Cozmo 1800 insulin pump that I have been using for the past 8 months, and how these features benefit me in riding and racing.

I truly and completely believe in this system, and that makes it easy to have Cozmore join Type1Rider as a sponsor. I have been amazed with how well the Cozmo works in concert with my training and racing needs. The system as a whole completely blows my old Medtronic out of the water in terms of flexibility and program ability.

I was offered a chance to meet most of the staff of the diabetes division of Smiths Medical at their national sales meeting in Las Vegas in late September. I was truly amazed at how dedicated this group is in making a difference in the quality of life for people suffering from diabetes. It is one of those rare organizations where that specific part of the goal never loses focus, and it shows.

They are very interested in helping me forward the mission of Type1Rider, and helping me to push the limits of my personal and diabetic endurance athletics.

A special thanks to Steve, Mark, Marcela, Fran, and Susumu for working with me to make this relationship come to be. I am VERY excited about working with Smiths Medical and the Cozmore brand in 2009.