November 8, 2008

Daily Total: 38.01 Ride Hours: 05:49

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 11.90u
Corr: 2.00u
Basal: 24.11u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 207g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot

Was able to get out for a long ride today on the course marked for the six hour next weekend. Left the Wellness Center at 10:14, and headed to meet K and some CSH folks at the trail head.

Arrived right on time, and pretty quickly rolled right out. We where meeting a second group at noon, so we completed a pretty nice 45 minute loop on trails not used for the race.

During this loop I lost my drivers license as I didn't completely zipper the bag I was carrying my monitor supplies and wallet in. Man... what a bummer. Luckily, the license was almost expired, so it was time to get a new one anyway. I guess.

Continued ride a little after noon with the new folks we picked up, and headed over to ride the race course. The nine of us started on the course.

Ride was pretty good, although some of the riders where pretty new and were a little uncomfortable with some of the more rocky and technical spots. A couple had some hard crashes, but everyone made it out ok. Generally. :)

Energy Expenditure 3495 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 44532 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 91 bpm
Average Heart Rate 144 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 188 bpm
Ascent 1991 ft

I did fall behind on both hydration and fueling, which had me finishing the ride with a lower than optimum BG.

I did set my basal rate to a slightly lower than normal nitetime bedtime basal rate settings. I used 70% of normal for 6hrs.