October 10, 2008

Daily Total: 41.99 Ride Hours: 02:12

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 7.85u
Corr: 8.70u
Basal: 25.44u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 132g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot

Off from work today to take care of a bunch of errands and stuff in the morning.

After I got those done I set my basal rate down to a normal 55% reduction ride level at 12:10. At 13:13 I was out and riding on my Madone. Thought it would be a good chance to get some nice base road miles in.

Wasn't a bad ride, but the temp kept dropping as the afternoon wore on.

As is usual, a normal carb intake and hydration schedule was followed. 40G of carbs via a PowerBar Gel and 16oz of water per hour.

Was back at the Wellness Center at 15:30. Pump back to normal basal rate level.

Energy Expenditure 1666 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 20216 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 116 bpm
Average Heart Rate 152 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 186 bpm
Ascent 1363 ft

When I got back to the car, I noticed I had received a call from George Wayson who is the director of the UNC Wellness Center. His wife had a major bike malfunction, and was looking for some advice as she has a triathlon to do on the 19th.

My answer was to leave them with my Madone. Good thing she rides a 54 too! :)