January 5, 2012

Its taken me a bit of time to get my first blog post of 2012 off the ground, but that is NOT because things are moving and happening almost as fast as the day changes.  Not a bad thing, necessarily, but the clock hands are zinging around at full sprint speed....


We have added a collection of staff members to the Type1Rider family.  Thomas Moore has taken the helm as Chief Communication Officer, and is primarily responsible for everything and the kitchen sink.  Thomas has a long track record in the DOC, and had successfully worked on a bunch of well known projects.  I admire him a ton, and am so grateful to have him on board.  We also have a few other slots including the COO spot that has been filled, and, as soon as Legal give the thumbs up, I will get those announcements out as well.

I migrated my Facebook Profile to a page, and have also set up a page for The Type1Rider Organization as well.  I still post my BGs to the Tony Cervati page, and communicate extensively through that.  The pages give me a little more flexibility.  Follow the links on the right to take a look, and let me know what you think!

Another big change I am making for 2012 is I becoming a bicycle commuter.  I work about 8 miles or so away from home, and beginning this week, I am going to ride about 3 or 4 days a week.  I won't be able to ride on the days I need to drop or pick up the boys from school, but other than that I am on the bike.  Quick calculations tell me that between gas and parking I should be able to save almost $200 a month.  Along with that it adds 4 hours of pedaling a week.  Every little bit helps.

I won't be riding my mountain bikes to work, so I sold a few of them and picked up a 2012 Trek Ion CX from my family at Trek Raleigh.  It should be here in the next week or so, and I am looking forward to it!  It will also be my road bike, and the one I ride in the trainer at home.

Since we are past solstice I am hoping the weather stay nice, and spring gets here early!  Can't wait to be back on singletrack in shorts....


Training has been spotty (at best) as the holidays run through and the weather is turning all the time. I have been running a bit more then usual, however, and getting very good usage of the UNC Kenan Football Stadium steps and bleachers.  Running with the bike sometimes over the back of the seats to simulate post holing.


Every little bit counts, right?  The clock is ticking....