October 24, 2011

Training Hours:
Ride: 03:01 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 46.70u
Bolus: 24.40u (52%)
Basal: 22.30u (48%)

Heading out for a nice sun into night ride on the HiFi after work and a meeting today. It's been a while since I needed to use my night lights and carry a set of arm warmers for when the sun wetn down. :)

I set a temp basal of a 60% reduction at 16:00 while at my after work "meeting", and was, indeed, out on the bike soon after 17:00.

The HiFi felt immediately better, as I had installed the 110mm stem over the weekend. Totally digging this bike. Although it weighs a couple of pounds more then my Superfly HT, it feel just as nimble and faster once the singletrack gets a little rougher. Great bike. (In fact, come to think of it, I have ONLY ridden this bike since I picked it up two weeks ago. Love the squish!).

I had a fantastic ride, and my BGs where rolling with me. 118 at ride start, 89 at half way point, and 149 when I finished up around 20:00. Just perfect.

Although I haven't yet gone back to my maltodextrose custom mix, I have been better about fueling up with Honey Stinger Waffles during my rides lately. This has seemed to work out ok.

Also, I have been making an effort to make sure I get some calories in me about 75 minutes before I head out. Nothing heavy, but something with some carbs and fat. I use a 1:20 ratio for this preride snack, as opposed to my usual 1:15.

This is seeming to provide a good amount of cover as I am not feeling hungry the whole time on the bike. Simple solution right?

Yup.

Duh.

On the way home, I road up the hill on MLK Blvd towards Franklin, and headed towards the Planetarium. As I passed the post office, I noticed that the "occupy" crowd there had grown and was still going strong.

There was a guy on a microphone taking questions and answering questions. I needed to snap a few photos as I road by.....















Was a little weird to see these folks, and the, 20 feet away, all these expensive sedans driving by on Franklin Street. :)

Luckily, there is nothing to protest about riding a bike... you know. :)

Cancelled my temp basal rate as I headed back to the car. I did set a temp basal of 75% when I went to bed to deal with the normal increased insulin sensitivity, and prevent a chance of an over night hypo event.

Rock on!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad