April 14, 2010

Ride Hours: 02:22

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 45.77 units
Meal: 22.04u
Corr: 1.60u
Basal: 22.13u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 344g

A fantastic training ride with Chris Newport of Endurance NEWTrition.  Very tough doing the XC race sim, but we nailed the nutrition and BG were near perfect.  Plus... going fast is great fun.  Only bike that in "up" right now is my Superfly Single Speed... so I will training exclusively on that for a few days. (Matt Briske from Trek Raleigh is smiling and/or laughing right now).

The coolest thing was what occurred BEFORE the ride.

After I passed RDU airport on the way to Lake Crabtree County Park I noticed a white rental car following pretty close to me.  It pulled up beside me, and then back behind me.  I exited I-40 and the car followed me. A little strange and wiggy.  Once I got into the park, they parked their car and came over.

It was a group of 5 nurses and CDEs from the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine who has just landed, and were on the way to Raleigh. The happened upon me and saw my Type1Rider licence plate. They were very nice, had some very kind things to say, and mentioned that they followed my blog.

Every once in a while something like this reminds me that a simple bike can make a impact with something as important as raising diabetes awareness and supporting others with the disease.  Made me feel pretty good, I must admit.

I have the day off tomorrow to take care of somethings and try to get a little rest.  Another good amount of time in the saddle as we prepare for Cohutta in 10 days.