April 26, 2010

Less then 24 hours after finishing up the race at Cohutta, I had arrived safely back home. Greg, George, and I even found our traditional "victory dance" establishment on the way:







Had some time to clear my head during the drive, since arriving back home, and spending time with my family.

The collective series of events that transpired at the race Saturday can no longer be altered. Some were in my control, others not. I road as hard as I could, for as long as I could. I made a strong honest attempt at that race, and am good with that.

It was an important race for me personally, and I would have liked to have completed it in better standing. However, it was just one bike race after all.

One of the things I have learned from both personal events and working with Chris Eatough this year is increased resiliency. Six months ago I would have struggled with my DNF for weeks.

It is truly already in the mirror. I will take the lessons learned, both good and bad, and get on my bike today knowing I did my best. The goals of Type1Rider haven't changed, nor has my confidence, my resolve, or my will to train and attempt the next scheduled event.

With continued hard work I will get other oppurtunities at races this season, and I will take them.

It's early Monday morning. Time to get rolling!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone