March 7, 2010

Ride Hours: 06:11

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 33.84 units
Meal: 13.00u
Corr: 0.15u
Basal: 20.69u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 200g

Alright... when the notes from your coach following comments about today's workout include "I have to admit, I did have a little laugh at this", you know you messed up. :)

I had what is quickly becoming a traditional pasta breakfast today around 08:30. 6 hour ride was on tap starting at 10:30ish. I lowered my pump to a 60% reduction at 09:45, grabbed the Paragon and headed out to the trail head near Umstead County Park. I was on the bike right around 10:45.

After thinking about it, I decided to drop the basal rate another 10% before getting out to far. Sensitivity from yesterday, and long ride today lead me to this decision.

I could tell within the first 100 pedal strokes that the hard tempo work I thought I breezed through yesterday took some gas out of me. My legs were a bit tired and today was going to be a bit more difficult than I thought. Oh boy.

Of course after I caught up with our ride group, it got worse for a little while as the pace quickened up. Then there were a few uphill sprint races for pride.

4 hours in I was draggin'. :) If I would just stick to the target HR none of this would have happened. :)

Got through the ride, and had a great time. My legs were sore and tired, but I actually got a little cyclist tan color. Spring is here...

Stayed on the 250cals per hour fueling plan, and hydration was spot on. 6,200 calories burned, and BGs rolled along right between 90-140. Perfection.

Thanks to Chris and George for rolling out for a while today. Always great to ride with you guys - even with hearing about a certain "Wonderfully Terrific" sports drink. HA!

Looking forward to the time change next weekend. Yeah!!