September 20, 2009

Daily Total: 40.28 Ride Hours: 03:41

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 10.95u
Corr: 3.33u
Basal: 26.00u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 194g

Got out at 13:55 for a ride on the Superfly SS. The weather is just unbelievable!! Set the pump down to a 55% reduction about an hour before, and rolled out of the UNC Wellness Center.

Wanted to get in about 2 hours worth of quality hill work, followed by some base speed trail riding. Was able to accomplish both, and have a GREAT time while doing it.



About 90 minutes in I could feel myself drifting a little low. I changed my basal rate to a 80% reduction at 15:30 for the rest of the ride. I did stay on a normal 40g of carbs per hour schedule. Hydration has been working great using the two Nuun tablets per 16oz water bottle per hour.



As I worked my way back towards the Wellness Center at 17:20 I set my basal rate back to normal.

Vertical Distance: 660.00 yd
Max HR: 183 BPM
Avg HR: 148 BPM
Calories: 3,162 kCal


This week is going to be a bit of a struggle. I put in 10 hours at work yesterday, my mom has hip replacement surgery scheduled for Tuesday, new director of the CALGB comes to town on Wednesday, and we are looking at a bunch of days of rain.

Just have to take it one day at a time and keep my eye on the ball. Less than 3 weeks until the 12 Hour series Championship final race in Unicoi.

Focus....