August 16, 2009

It's almost 5 in the morning, and I'm taking a 30 break. I am 8 laps in (just shy of 90 miles), and am somewhere in the top ten.

Race has been mostly perfect, save for a miscalculation on the first battery charge. Lost near 40 minutes riding in the last 3 miles in the dark. Thank goodness George was there, he road behind me and got me back without dying.

Good news is I am still turning my planned lap times, and my legs and lungs feel ok.

Bad news is I have had a hard time eating, and although they have been ok my BGs are beginning to run a bit too low. Last on was a 71. Hopefully the stop will raise it some.

Can't eat as I have been battling nausea all day. Nothing tastes or sits right.

Also, I have been wet for too long. My bibs have "done some damage", and I am hoping this time off sitting in dry stuff will help.

The Superfly has been great!! Just perfect. I mean unbelievably fantastic on this course.

Alright, let me dry off and try to comfi to put in 2 or 3 more.

Update again later. Ouch....


-- Post From My iPhone