July 5, 2009

Daily Total: 36.44 Ride Hours: 04:22

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 10.30u
Corr: 4.90u
Basal: 21.24u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 169g

Up early to check the weather for the morning MTB ride. Wanted to get a solid 6 hours today, but got started a little late as the weather was making up its mind.

Set my pump down to a 55% reduction at 8:10, an headed over to the UNC Wellness Center with the HiFi on the car. I was about 1 block away from my house, and it started to pour. Not rain. Pour.

Gave it a couple of minutes, and it didn't seem like it was going to let up. Got out of the car in the mini-monsoon and got saddled up. Rolled out of the parking lot right at 09:00. Figured I could hit the wet weather dirt road/hill repeat/greenway loop for a while.

It was surprisingly cold while getting up to operating temperature. About 10 minutes into the ride I got a pleasant surprise of seeing my close friend Tracy running with her running group. Not only was it awesome to see her, but it really gave me an uplift since I wasn't the only one training in this weather. :)

About an hour in I felt like I was going a little low. I didn't have my monitor with me (raining WAY too hard), I just went ahead and lowered my basal rate to a 80% reduction to help me recover.

From that point on the ride was great and I felt pretty good, giving the hot road cycling work yesterday. Great way to end the weekend and get ready for a recovery week for next weekends 12 hour.

Vertical Distance: 1090.00 yd
Max HR: 178 BPM
Avg HR: 145 BPM
Calories: 4,087 kCal

I did set a night time post ride temp basal of 75% for 6 hours. Didn't feel to hungry, so I am a little concerned with possibly going low over night. Hopefully the temp rate will help to avoid that.