June 29, 2009

Daily Total: 40.88 Ride Hours: 01:59

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 12.20u
Corr: 3.20u
Basal: 25.48u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 183g

After a pretty busy weekend it was cool to try and settle down into a normal work week. Right.

After work I was able to get out on the road bike and join a group on their Monday recovery ride. I missed their start by about 20 minutes, so I tried to calculate an "intercept".

So after about 35 or 4o minutes of riding by myself, listening to my iPod I started to think I should have grabbed my mountain bike and went to the trails instead. I was wondering this ALOUD, when I realized their was a guy right behind me. He was wearing a small messenger bag, and was smiling as he had heard me ranting for about 3 or 4 minutes.

I shut the iPod off, and we chatted for a bit. He recognized the kit, and asked me some questions about diabetes and cycling and what it takes to do the races I do. I asked about what he does, and he is a grad student at UNC and was commuting home to Hillsborough. He is studying about bending and joining molecules via magnetism. Pretty deep, deep stuff.

We chatted for about 20 minutes until I managed to catch the group I was originally planning on joining.

It was cool ride out to them though. Two people, living on completely different paths, able to enjoy a ride in the country. Cycling is just so dang cool.


Vertical Distance: 320.00 m
Max HR: 177 BPM
Avg HR: 146 BPM
Calories: 1,382 kCal

No bed time post ride basal set tonight. To light of ride day.