June 21, 2009

Daily Total: 38.20 Ride Hours: 04:43

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 11.60u
Corr: 3.10u
Basal: 23.50u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 208g

What a nice father's day! The Trek Mod is just a blast!! Can't wait to set up the first series of Mod Elimination Races. :)

Was up a little before 07:00 in order to be at Cycling Spoken Here by 09:00 for a group road ride. My plan was to drive to Lake Crabree County Park with both the Seven and the Superfly. Leave the Superfly there and ride over to the shop to get on the ride. Then, ride back and jump on the mountain bike for a couple of hours.



Was a little concerned when I first tested as I was down in the 40s. Not a great position to be in, given the amount of riding I was planning on getting in today. I took in a mix of complex and simple carbs (pasta and Nutela) along with some protein (turkey) for breakfast.

Set my pump down to the normal pre-ride 55% reduction at 07:20. Left out the door at 08:10.

Was parked on the road bike by 08:30 for the short ride over to the shop.

Felt pretty good for the road ride. Got a little crampy 4 hours or so in, but was able to hop off the bike for 2 minutes and stretch then ride them out.

Fun group to ride with, and fellow 29er Crew member and good friend Marcee jumped in for a bit too.



Vertical Distance: 615.00 yd
Max HR: 185 BPM
Avg HR: 151 BPM
Calories: 3,488 kCal

Once off the road bike, I got a call from that everyone was at the pool. I couldn't take it, and had to go and play with them! I set my pump back to normal at 13:01.

We swam and played in the pool for a couple of hours, and then headed home. Got home a couple of ticks before 16:00 and had a late lunch.

That evening we rolled out to the Durham Bulls game with my sister-in-law and her family. It is always a good time there. K ate his first peanut butter, and my oldest got to run the bases on the field after the end of the game.

Just a super day!!

I set my pump down to its normal post ride sleep time basal rate of a 20% reduction.