May 12, 2009

Daily Total: 42.27 Ride Hours: 01:57

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 14.80u
Corr: 1.15u
Basal: 26.32u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 239g

Avg Heart Rate: 135
Max Heart Rate: 170
Calories: 1206
Vertical: 1300

Road the HiFi after work tonight. I was feeling very fatigued, but much better once I headed out.

Set my pump to a temp basal rate at 16:30. Used the usual 55% reduction, and headed over to the UNC Wellness Center. When I was leaving to ride at 17:39 I tested at a 56. I didn't want to delay the ride any, so I took in 45g of carbs via a bar and then disconnected the pump (set it to deliver no insulin) for 60 minutes.

Kept the pace low, and rolled out on my planned route. I stayed on the normal 20g of carbs per 1/2 hour intake schedule.

The pump alerted me when the hour was up, and I reset insulin delivery. I set my temp basal rate to a 80% reduction to finish out the ride.

Since I was taking in close to no insulin, I wasn't feeling 100% during the ride. It was good to stick it out and work through it.

I arrived back at the Wellness Center at 20:00, and tested at an 87. Basal rate back to normal.

When I went to bed, I didn't set a post ride temp basal. Figured the time "off the pump" would balance with the need to lower the basal rate.