April 30, 2009

Daily Total: 40.41 Ride Hours: 00:00

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 11.39u
Corr: 4.75u
Basal: 24.27u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 244g

I have been SO busy lately trying to get things done, that I have not been able to catch up on the blog. Sorry about that. I have all the notes in my notepad, so I will go back and get caught up.

Want to sent a big congrats to my training partner and 29er Crew teammate Marcee for her kick butt performance in the Cohutta 65 mile race last weekend! She broke her nose at work on Thursday (no not kidding), and then she rocked a second place finish on Saturday! 12,500 feet of vertical in under 6 hours! Smokin!! I am so proud of you!!

I have been riding quite a bit now that the weather has changed. Later night rides are possible in just the regular jersey now. Perfect! Heck we have even seen some 90 degree days. Sweet!

Work has been overly stressful lately, as I am filling in for my supervisor who is on paternity leave. Leading the department for six weeks has a huge learning curve, and I am really struggling to keep all the water in the glass. :)

Race season really starts to pick up now, and that is a GREAT thing! I will be heading to Athens, GA tomorrow for race number 2 in the Dirty Spokes series. Course sounds like fun, and the weather looks near perfect. I am pretty stoked to be going!

Also, the Tour de Cure is a little over a month away. New route, new destination, new rest stops, new finish line party... the works. The ride is struggling a little bit with the economy, but hopefully the last month with see a turn around. We have the riders (over 280 so far already), but the funds are a little low. We'll see how it progresses in the next few weeks. If you are going to be in town, or live local, take a second and join the Type1Rider / Cycling Spoken Here TdC Team at:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TDC154358030?team_id=324103&pg=team&fr_id=5583

I will be doing updates via the iPhone for the next couple of days. I will get the missing blog entries up soon, and well as finish the Warrior Creek race report.

Will miss a bunch of you are TCOYD conference this weekend, have a great time!

I also wanted to thank all my great friends and team mates that provide so much to allow me to go racing. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for all the support shown by Marcee, Steve at CSH, the crew at the UNC Diabetes Care Center, and Travis at Fisher Bikes. You all make it possible for me to do what I do.

Endurance racing as a Type 1 diabetic is fairly difficult and complicated, but the help from my friends make is so much easier.

Thank You!