February 20, 2009

Daily Total: 47.14 Ride Hours: 00:00

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 7.95u
Corr: 10.85u
Basal: 28.34u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 130g

After work tonight I headed right over to the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science for the NC American Diabetes Assoc. Family Fun Night. This event is held for families and children who are dealing with diabetes. It is the kickoff event for the weekend, which includes the ADA Gala.

The turnout for this event was fantastic, and I wore one of the new jerseys for my presentation. Of course I brought the world's most amazing ice breaker - the Superfly - with me. About 150 or so there, and lots of younger people came up to me to ask about the Navigator, 29ers, the Superfly, and endurance racing. Very cool.

I only had 25 minutes, but I think I did a decent job. Also speaking was Dr. John Buse from the UNC Diabetes Care Center, and a lawyer from the ADA who is based in DC. Dr. Buse was great as usual.

Interesting fact from Dr. Buse's presentation - 2% of the US GNP is diabetes related. THAT is a crazy fact.





Was thrilled to be here, had a great time, and hopefully was able to answer some questions. Besides where else can you find a rocket in Durham?