January 19, 2009

Daily Total: 45.71 Ride Hours: 00:00

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 14.05u
Corr: 4.25u
Basal: 27.41u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 235g

I have been sitting on this for a while, but the official notification went out late this evening. So....


It is with a ton of pride and happiness that I have been named to the Gary Fisher 29er Crew Race Team!

For more info on the 29er Crew, check out http://www.29ercrew.com. (2008 still up, but 2009 info should be up in a couple of weeks). Also, you can follow link from Fisher Bikes at http://wwww.fisherbikes.com.

The visibility that being part of this team will provide diabetes and diabetic athletes is near immeasurable! Thanks to Travis Goodman and Travis Ott for affording me the opportunity to represent Gary Fisher and the Big Wheel 29er movement!

The 29er Crew team kit is pretty wicked:

I love the roman numerals! Too cool!

What about Type1Rider and racing as a identified diabetic athlete? Well, I have been afforded the option of wearing the Type1Rider kit with 29er Crew and Fisher logos on it. One of the 29er logos is on the sleeves , and another on the side panel and shorts.

So, as shown in this final proof, I will be campaigning in the following this year:




Marcee (the best training partner in the world, and Cycling Spoken Here staff member) is also racing under the 29er Crew umbrella this year. I am VERY excited to be traveling to events and racing with her as team mates.

To be truthful, I cannot express how grateful and humbled I feel to be given this great platform to raise diabetes awareness and provide encouragement for those who suffer from it.

Some will say I am making an overly big deal over this announcement, but I don't feel that way. I never even dared to dream that I would have a chance like this during my cycling "lifetime".

Thanks for EVERYONE for believing!