October 12, 2008

Daily Total: 42.63 Ride Hours: 03:03

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 17.00u
Corr: 2.40u
Basal: 23.23u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 267g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot

Was invited to ride with the Cycling Spoken Here crew and members of TORC on a ride in North Raleigh early today. Weather was AWESOME, and Marcy met me early to get a little extra time in before the group ride.

I set my basal rate to a normal 55% reduction at 7:00 in prep for a 8:00 ride start with Marcy. Meeting rest of group at 9:00.

We got started a little late, and then the group got started late so you can see in the pump log how I juggled the basal settings to keep me on track.

Ride was fun, and trail was a lot nicer than I remember it. TORC has been doing a great job on the local trails. I was surprised to see how little climbing we did over the 3+ hours. I would have guessed we would have done more. I guess they where shorter, steeper, and more technical than they felt. :)

Energy Expenditure 2144 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 26791 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 95 bpm
Average Heart Rate 146 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 187 bpm
Ascent 974 ft

Basal rate went back to normal when I got back to the car at 11:22.

I don't normally get to finish rides before noon! :)

Set basal rate to 20% reduction for 6 hours when I went to bed, as is customary.