October 1, 2008

Daily Total: 41.88 Ride Hours: 02:12

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 10.85u
Corr: 5.10u
Basal: 25.93u

Daily Carb Intake: 163g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot

Still feeling a little beat down tired, but went for a ride today after a LONG day in the office anyway. I lowered my basal rate to the typical 55% reduction at 17:18 in preparation for the ride start an hour later.

Ride was just ok. I am just tired. It took some effort to stay focused and up to speed, and, of course, my ipod went dead about half way in.

Still managed a quality 2+ hour ride on the Kona 29er SS. Intake of 2 PowerBar Gels per hour, but a little behind on the water with only 20oz taken in total.

Energy Expenditure 1449 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 18717 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 101 bpm
Average Heart Rate 141 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 177 bpm
Ascent 1189 ft

Set the basal rate back to normal at 20:37 as I was cruising back to the car.

Earlier this week I mentioned how crazy busy the next couple of weeks were going to be. Here's the run down:

This Friday night, K and I are going to go to a friends house (who needs to stay nameless right now) to have a cookout with a handful of local riders and Independent Fabrication factory rider Harlan Price. He is in town for the TORC Mountain Bike Festival and Race for a few days.

On Saturday there is the TORC festival, and I am racing from 3pm-9pm at the endurance race being held there.

Sunday morning there is a recovery mountain bike ride with some of the people in town for the Festival.

On Monday I am traveling to Ft Bragg in Fayetteville to speak at two sessions to diabetic soldiers and their families. I am both psyched and nervous about this presentation. The members of the armed forces who are serving in combat roles while having Type 1 diabetes are in a situations I can't even imagine. I hope to share some of my experiences with them, and I hope that some of them apply to what the need.

Then... next weekend I am supposed to head off to Atlanta to race a 12 hour at Conyers, GA. More on that later.

Also, look for one of the announcements I have been hinting at to made early next week. It is big one, and opens the door for a great two way relationship. I am very psyched, and can't wait to let you know.

Gotta roll for now!