October 6, 2008

Daily Total: 38.42 Ride Hours: 00:00

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 9.50u
Corr: 3.55u
Basal: 25.37u

Daily Carb Intake: 165g


I had the opportunity to travel to Fort Bragg in Fayettville, NC to give two presentations at Womack Army Medical Center.

Seems the US Army allows soldiers who are diagnosed while in service to STAY in service (even in combat roles) if they can prove a certain level of control. Basically they are placed on temporary duty for a few months while they demonstrate an A1C of less than 7.



I felt really bad about that, as I was treated to a trip to the flight line for an Air Cav unit right afterwards. This experience was almost worth being Type 1 for 5 years. Seriously.

The second session (although smaller) went much, much better. I adjusted my presentation to more target the group that was there, and I think it was better received.

I want to thank everyone who hosted us down at Bragg, especially Julie Nance who set the whole day (including the flight line visit). She is awesome and has a great program down there. I hope to be able to go back and do some other events with them.

And, of course, I want to thank the men and women in uniform who and train so hard, and lay it all on the line for all of us.