The DOC is truly an amazing family. One I am blessed to be part of.
Although my foot is broken, I am awaiting a MRI in the next day or two, and I didn't achieve my goal of reaching the termination of the Tour Divide route I still feel successful.
I had 5 main goals for this years event:
- Pedal out of Banff, AB CA
- Get passed the place where I almost lost my life last year
- To reach the US in 2 days
- To get to the Mexico / NM border
- Raise awareness of all types of diabetes during the event
Four out of five of those goals have been completed. And for that I am grateful and happy.
Over the next couple of days I will be writing in more detail about the best aspects of this event - and there were tons - on this blog. There is much to share.
For this evening I really wanted to express my deepest thanks for always being there for me, especially over the past two years of Tour Divide attempts.
I am blessed to know the members of the Diabetes Online Community and am honored to be one of them.
- Posted using BlogPress using my iPad from somewhere in the universe