March 12, 2012

Training Hours: Ride: 01:53 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Bolus: 9.15u (32%)
Basal: 19.50u (68%)

Since the time change, I was able to get out and ride after work today for a bit.  It's been a long time since I spent some time on the Superfly.  Since I dropped the boys at school today, I wasn't able to commute in, so it was nice to have the extra daylight and warmer temps to get some hours.

Just a little tempo work on the American Tobacco Trail, after setting a Temp Basal of 60% reduction at 16:30.

I grabbed a quick snack and was on the bike by 17:15.

An hour in I tested my BG and was very surprised to see I was at a 45.

I took in 40g of simple Cs, lowered my temp basal to a 80% reduction, and finished the second half of my ride.


Got back to the house a tick before 19:00 and the BG was at 70.  Set the temp basal rate back to normal, and headed in.

I plan on commuting for the rest of the week, and will be trying to ad a 2 hour segment to the ride home.  A good mix of road, fire road, and single track using the Ion CX.


With the time change comes the ability to begin to add more base miles, and within a few weeks, mix in the full bag of training.  Well, that't the loose plan anyway.  :)