October 16, 2011

Training Hours: Ride: 04:02 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 41.80 units
Bolus: 20:00u (48%)
Basal: 21.80u  (52%)

After an early morning, I spent a little time working on the 2011 Trek HiFi Pro that I received on Friday.  A HUGE thank you to Curt George from Trek Bikes for locating me exactly what I was looking for, and for meeting me for lunch.  I really appreciate it!

Eventually all of the X9 equipment will be replaced with the 2x10 X0 items off of my Superfly, but today I was just swapping out the bars, seatpost, brakes, and making it fit like my hard tail.  I am in need of 100mm stem as the 90 that is on there is just a touch too short.  Otherwise, it feel just perfect.

I hadn't ridden a full suspension 29er in at least two years, and I was really looking forward to getting out on this today.

I set a temp basal rate of a 60% reduction at 12:15, and I was fully planning on being riding by 13:00.  I got a little bit of a later start than I would have liked, but by 13:30 I was rolling on the new ride.


I had only planned on putting in 2.5-3hrs, but was having SO much fun I road for over 4 hours.  Although there is a slight weight penalty over the XX equipped Superfly hard tail, the smoothness of the full suspension more then makes up for the extra pounds.

I set the suspension up using the Trek Suspension Setup Calculator, and it was spot on perfect for the trail.  Spot on perfect.

On the way back to the car, I put my basal rate back to it's normal rate.

Ride ended with my BG at 194.  I had stopped for a little bit while on the trail late in the ride to chat with some friends, Marshall and Andrew, that I hadn't seen in a while.  Really good to see them!  This probably caused a little spike to occur.

Rest of the night's BGs where pretty decent until I went to bed.  Had a 130 at 18:41, and, then, 2 hours later   a 59 at 20:00 and a 56 at 20:41.

I took in some simple carbs at each one of those lows, and I was heading off to sleep at 21:00.  I set a 8 hour post ride over night temp basal of 75%, and set my alarm for a 02:00 finger stick.

Riding the Hi Fi today, really put me in a great mood.  The ride was as good of a ride as I have had in months.  It was just so much fun.  I have a feeling this bike will have me feeling that love of cycling that has been missing for a little while.



I just can't wait to ride it tomorrow.