September 4, 2011

Training Hours: Ride: 02:04 Run: 00:00 Other: 01:01

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 37.10units
Bolus: 19.65u
Basal: 17.45u

Back home this morning after a busy pair of days traveling, during which I had the wonderful opportunity to meet some amazing folks affected by diabetes.  It is SO nice to meet folks that I have communicated with for a long time via Facebook or other.

It's truly amazing the bonds that you develop with others, who, like you, battle this disease day in and day out.

I would like to thank Lisa and her amazing family, and Beverly for being so kind and gracious to spent some time with  me.  It was completely my pleasure and honor to meet you both, and your amazing families (special thank to Kevin for showing me the "way in" to see "THE cool stuff"):










After my adventure.... when I got home today, I had sometime to get a ride and some TRX training in before dinner.  I have been slowly ramping my training back up for the first time since the fall at Tour Divide.  Physically I am good to go - but mentally I have not been quite 100% ready to go.  It is slowly coming back, and the joy of working out is returning.  I just need to be patient, and just accept what my soul can give me.


As the weeks go on, I have seen my training hours dramatically increasing.  So I am back in the swing.  Just need to get a little more organized, and a little more sharp.  Just Keep Choppin'. :)


I set my temp basal to a 60% reduction at 13:45 and headed over to O2 for about an hour of strength work.


Once done there, I was swung the legs over the Superfly and rolled out to the Chapel Hill North trail system.  Had the place to myself, which, truthfully, was a little weird...


BGs where 97 before the TRX session, 98 before my ride, 92 during, and 115 after.


When I finished up a little after 18:00 I bolused 2.95u for the typical post ride BG spike prevention.


Tomorrow being the holiday, I am hoping to get a longer amount of riding in, and then back to the grind.  :)


Thanks once again to everyone for allowing us to pay a visit.  So nice to meet everyone and spend some quality time together.  Thank you.  :)