September 14, 2011

Training Hours: Ride: 02:01 Run: 00:00 Other: 00:00

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 45.50 units
Bolus: 20.90u (46%)
Basal: 24.60 (54%)

After work today I headed out on the Superfly for a MTB ride.  Overt the past few weeks I have been getting more and more into a routine with training, the boys, the PTA, etc.  Settling down into the new "normal".

Not complete by any stretch of the imagination, nor close... yet.  But getting used to the schedule.

This is my first week of being back on a planned and scheduled training plan, and, although my fitness is way off, it feels GREAT to be back out doing structured workouts.

Today's ride was just about having fun for 2 hours, and that is exactly what I did.  :)

I had set my temp basal of 60% reduction at 16:30 and was out and riding by 17:15.

Road past DFD and CHFD having dinner over at Brixx Pizza.  (Thought my two little guys would like to see these photos).




I have been riding pretty much sans nutrition for the past couple of weeks, as the rides have been shorter in duration.  BG have been pretty good, but as soon as we go over 2hrs or so, it will be back to the standard methods of eating while on the bike.  Not so much for BG control, but just for fueling the ride.

Should be on to a longer base ride by Sunday.

In the meantime, just having fun (sans HRM) for short bursts around Chapel Hill.

Bikes can heal.