August 4, 2010

Ride Hours: 03:04

Insulin Delivery Summary:
Daily Total: 38.17 units
Meal: 14.85u
Corr: 1.05u
Basal: 22.27u

 Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 184g

Was scrambling to make up for some missed saddle time today after work.  I followed the usual routine of dropping my basal rate by 60% as I headed over to the UNC Wellness center at 16:30.  Got ready to roll and left right at 17:30 sharp.  BG was good at a 128 at ride start.

Nothing fancy about today's sortie.  Just a quality 3 hours in the saddle.  Met up with my 29er Crew teammate Mark, and another local rider.

Really really hot out today.  Humid and hot have been the call all summer I guess.

I stayed on the normal 20oz of water mixed with Nuun and Malto, along with another 25g of carbs via an energy bar per hour.  (Yeah, yeah, yeah... same old, same old.  But it works like magic.) :)

As I rolled back towards home I set my basal are back to normal.

Once I reached the car, my BG was propped at a 99.  I did bolus 4.0u to prevent the usual post ride blood glucose surge.  It all worked out good.

My shoes have been bothering a ton, especially on my right foot.  I am going to spend a little time this weekend looking for new kicks, and trying different options.  I did move my cleat position slightly on that shoe last week, and I helped a touch.  We'll see...

At bedtime I set my normal post ride over night temp basal of 75%

Weather looks touch and go for the next few days.  Should be EXCELLENT!!  :)_