October 4, 2009

The weekend was pretty busy, but managed to get in some riding, experience a milestone, and get some important "to-dos" done as well.

Went to my son's very first soccer game early Saturday morning. It was GREAT fun watching all the kids and hanging with the other parents who felt the same emotions as I did. Just a since of pride and the feeling of overwhelming joy taking it all in. Highlight of the fall season for sure!

(Even though there was one "Dad" who was trying extra hard to be the "Dude". I was going to post pics and comment on the things he said, but I decided there was no need to embarrass his family anymore than they already are. Just a note: These are 3-4 year olds dude. Calm down.) :)

I brought my Superfly SS with me, and headed out from the soccer park to the trails to get some quality time in. It was a beautiful day, and I had a fantastic productive 5hr ride. When I got back home I installed my new Bontrager XDX tubeless tires on my rebuilt Industry Nine wheels. Process was pretty simple, and within an hour it was completely done.

I followed this up with 4.5hrs on the Paragon on Sunday. Not a big hard day, just wanted to shake the bike down for use on the 10th in the 12 Hr race, and get some hours in the saddle. The Paragon is ready to go, and worked perfectly. It rides nice, and the wheels are fantastic!

Time: 9:44:52
Vertical Distance: 1099.00 yd
Max HR: 188 BPM
Avg HR: 142 BPM
Calories: 7,968 kCal

The rest of the week will be basically recovery based. A spin on Wed night, and trying to bank some quality sleep. If only it worked that way. LOL.

Gotta check the weather and then go watch a little football! OUT!