June 18, 2009

Daily Total: 46.75 Ride Hours: 01:19

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 15.00u
Corr: 4.45u
Basal: 27.30u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 253g


Vertical Distance: 468.00 yd
Max HR: 190 BPM
Avg HR: 159 BPM
Calories: 1,082 kCal

Superfly SS hill repeats for 1 hour. Perfect.

Left the UNC Wellness Center parking lot at 19:51. Pump was set to a 55% reduction at 19:10, and BG was at 141 at ride start.

Its a short 10 minute warmup spin over to the base of the hill. 3 minutes up, 2 minute decent recovery.

About 20 minutes in I realized I left my water bottle on the hood of my car. Duh.

Had completed about 7 or 8 trips up and felt the BG just drifting off a bit. I lowered my basal rate to a 80% reduction, and grabbed some simple carbs out of the jersey pocket.

Finished up the hour, and headed home.

Was a good workout and a decent ride given the short time.

When I got back to the car I set my basal rate back to its normal rate, and headed home.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow as a follow up to the weekend's trip to the ER so I won't be able to ride tomorrow. Hopefully Sat I can get out in the afternoon, but I am really looking forward to big man's BDay party on Sat morning.

Temps turn up for the next 3 days - 97, 99, 98. High humidity. Welcome to the official beginning of summer in NC. :)

I set a temp basal rate at bed time of a 15% reduction for 6 hours.