March 5, 2009

Daily Total: 39.16 Ride Hours: 02:34

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 11.05u
Corr: 4.40u
Basal: 23.71u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 201g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot

Hey, hey! It's a bit warmer today! SWEET! I was able to get out before sunset, and did some decent hill repeat work, before heading out into the CH North double track for a bit.

Took the Rig again, and had a blast!!

Energy Expenditure 1386 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 20988 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 112 bpm
Average Heart Rate 145 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 181 bpm
Ascent 1929 ft

Experimented with some different fueling during this ride. Been working on different ideas to help with nutrition while racing. Nothing concrete to report yet, but have been making little improvements to my techniques.

The COOLEST thing tonight, was what a HUGE help the Navigator was! So I was getting ready to get out and my BG was a bit high... about 180. My ride target is 150. So I boulsed about 1/4 of what I normally would and rolled out.

About 30 minutes later I was at 120, but the arrow was pointing straight down indicating a rapid decrease in BG level. This was invaluable information as I felt fine, but the Navigator told me I was going to be low in a little bit.

So I lowered my basal rate another 10%, and took in some good carbs. 45 minutes later I was at 100 and the arrow was level.

A clear example of how this tool can work to keep you on track during exercise and events!

SWEET!!