November 17, 2008

Daily Total: 42.65 Ride Hours: 02:06

Insulin Breakdown:
Meal: 13.65u
Corr: 2.70u
Basal: 26.30u

Daily Carb Intake Bolused For: 217g

Daily Pump Details Downloaded via CozManager and CoPilot
NOTE: I just realized that I forgot to adjust the time on the Cozmo, so my report is off by an hour. Duh!

After work today, I was just NUTS to go for a ride! The race this past Saturday got postponed due to rain, and it has been quite a few days since I was able to get a good ride in. The race was rescheduled for the 22nd. This is going to present a small issue as we don't have coverage for the kids, so K and I might need to do a duo. We haven't done one like that in 4 years. :)

Right at 17:00 I set my basal rate down to its normal 55% pre-ride reduction. I forgot to lower it earlier, so I only got about 37 minutes on a lower rate before I rolled out of the Wellness Center parking lot.

I am in the process of selling some bikes and getting a new one built and ready, but I was FINALLY able to get out on the newly completed Rig SS for a good lengthy ride.



The bike is a TON lighter than my previous 29er single speed, and rides beautifully. I was amped to see how the Bontrager carbon rigid fork worked. It was sweet!!

I just hit the local trail system, but stayed off the closed single track. Just cruised the hill repeat loop on campus then the double track in the woods.

The temp was ridiculously low, and I fell a little of my fueling and hydration pace. Was in the 25g per hour via a Hammer Gel, and only took in 30oz of hydration during the two hours.


Energy Expenditure 1474 kcal
Number of Heart Beats 18952 beats
Minimum Heart Rate 100 bpm
Average Heart Rate 144 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 179 bpm
Ascent 1311 ft

I set the pump back to a normal basal rate on the way back to the car.

No basal rate change before bedtime.